Counseling and Discipleship Training
- Do you have a passion to disciple and counsel others?
- Do you want The Chapel to have an atmosphere of one another care?
People are looking for hope that there are answers for their hurts, their difficulties, and the challenges they face. The Bible is the inspired Word of God. The Scriptures are infallible and sufficient to instruct us in living a life that is pleasing to Him. It has God’s answers for our personal and relational problems.
I am excited to announce that we will be offering a training program in counseling and discipleship. This training course, produced by the Institute for Biblical Counseling and Discipleship group, will challenge you personally to grow in your spiritual walk, and it will equip you to minister God's life-changing Word more effectively to those who are looking for answers.
The Discipleship Counseling training is a one-year program. To earn this certificate, you must complete Discipleship Counseling Levels 1–3. The dates for Level 1 training will be September 23 – December 16, 2018. It will be offered on Sunday mornings at 9:30 during our Adult Bible Fellowship. Discipleship Counseling Level 1 is a prerequisite for Levels 2 and 3.
This training will help any Christian to be more effective in discipling others in overcoming life’s problems. And, for those who are interested in pursuing Certification in Biblical Counseling, it will also meet the Basic Training Course Requirement for Phase One in the certification process through the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors.
It will lay the foundation of biblical counseling and discipleship principles and practices, of marriage and family relationships, and problems frequently encountered in counseling cases (i.e., fear, anger, depression, relationship issues, and conflict).
- The Chapel at Warren Valley, 384 Route 57W, Washington, NJ 07882.
- Level # 1 Classes will be held during the Adult Bible Fellowship hour at 9:30 am beginning September 23, 2018.
- There is no charge for this training. However, three handbooks will need to be purchased over the course of the year. For each level, the cost of the handbook is $18 for a physical copy or $10 for a digital copy.
- Contact Pastor James Long by email at email@example.com or phone: (201) 341-5119
- If you would like to learn more about the program, here is an introductory video.
Register for the course online.